Our portfolio companies are making headlines by changing the life of patients. Stay up-to-date on their latest news.
- Sequana Medical raises €27.5 million in successful Initial Public Offerin
- Sequana Medical announces the Coverage of the Base Offering of Its Initial Public Offering on Euronext Brussels
- Sequana Medical Launches Its Initial Public Offering on Euronext Brussels
- Sequana Medical receives Breakthrough Device designation from the FDA for its alfapump®
- DBJ Signs Contract with Newton Biocapital I Pricaf Privee SA, a Japanese-European Venture Capital Fund for Early Stage Pharmaceuticals
- EPICS Therapeutics to Acquire Ogeda former assets, Adding Drug Discovery & Development Capabilities
- UK NICE recommends use of the alfapump® for the treatment of refractory ascites caused by cirrhosis under special arrangements
- SEQUANA MEDICAL establishes new corporate headquarters in Ghent, Belgium and raises €8.5 million from leading Belgian investors including Newton Biocapital, PMV and SFPI-FPIM as well as existing shareholders
- ACTICOR BIOTECH raises € 15.3 M in a Series B financing
- CHROMACURE S.A., a spin-off from the Université libre de Bruxelles (ULB),is launched with €17m committed equity investment to develop enhanced cancer therapies
- SYNERGIA raises €8.1 million in Series A
ACTICOR BIOTECH raises € 15.3 M in a Series B financing
Acticor Biotech, a clinical stage biotechnology company involved in the acute phase of thrombotic diseases, including stroke and pulmonary embolism, today announced that it has completed a €15.3 million Series B round of financing from European and Asian investors. This new funding will enable the company to finance its first phase II in acute ischemic stroke with its lead candidate ACT017.
The Series B was led by Newton BioCapital, a Belgium venture capital fund, followed by Mirae Capital, a Korean fund, CMS Medical Venture Investment Limited and A&B (HK), these last two funds are based in Hong Kong. Existing investors including CapDecisif Management also participated into this round.
This Series B might be completed by an additional financing of up to €5M in order to finance additional clinical developments with ACT017 in other indication.
Alain Parthoens, Managing Director of Newton Biocapital will now join the Board of Directors and commented: “We are excited to lead the current round of investors in Acticor Biotech and look forward to advancing ACT017 into its first phase II clinical development in acute ischemic stroke.”