Our portfolio companies are making headlines by changing the life of patients. Stay up-to-date on their latest news.
- Sequana Medical raises €27.5 million in successful Initial Public Offerin
- Sequana Medical announces the Coverage of the Base Offering of Its Initial Public Offering on Euronext Brussels
- Sequana Medical Launches Its Initial Public Offering on Euronext Brussels
- Sequana Medical receives Breakthrough Device designation from the FDA for its alfapump®
- DBJ Signs Contract with Newton Biocapital I Pricaf Privee SA, a Japanese-European Venture Capital Fund for Early Stage Pharmaceuticals
- EPICS Therapeutics to Acquire Ogeda former assets, Adding Drug Discovery & Development Capabilities
- UK NICE recommends use of the alfapump® for the treatment of refractory ascites caused by cirrhosis under special arrangements
- SEQUANA MEDICAL establishes new corporate headquarters in Ghent, Belgium and raises €8.5 million from leading Belgian investors including Newton Biocapital, PMV and SFPI-FPIM as well as existing shareholders
- ACTICOR BIOTECH raises € 15.3 M in a Series B financing
- CHROMACURE S.A., a spin-off from the Université libre de Bruxelles (ULB),is launched with €17m committed equity investment to develop enhanced cancer therapies
- SYNERGIA raises €8.1 million in Series A
DBJ Signs Contract with Newton Biocapital I Pricaf Privee SA, a Japanese-European Venture Capital Fund for Early Stage Pharmaceuticals
Development Bank of Japan Inc. (Chairman: Yasushi Kinoshita) has concluded an investment agreement with Newton Biocapital I Pricaf Privee SA, a Japanese-European venture capital fund focusing on early stage pharmaceuticals.
Newton Biocapital is a Belgian venture capital fund with offices in Belgium and Japan. It is managed by Japanese and Belgian investment professionals with long experience and solid results in the field. Its principal investment targets are early stage pharmaceutical ventures and neglected IPs. With Japanese pharmaceutical manufacturers extending their networks into the European market, the fund is keen to build strategic ties with Japanese companies.
DBJ encourages innovation in healthcare through business development support in fields ranging from pharmaceuticals and medical equipment to digital health. By helping Japanese pharmaceutical manufacturers develop through expanded networks with European partners, the Newton Biocapital investment offers an excellent way to further this goal.
“Designing the future through innovative finance: opening financial frontiers to resolve the issues of our customers and the community while promoting sustainable development for Japan and the world.” Based on this corporate philosophy, DBJ will support initiatives to bring to firms the benefits of knowledge gained through this project and create new corporate value for pharmaceutical manufacturers.