Our portfolio companies are making headlines by changing the life of patients. Stay up-to-date on their latest news.
- Sequana Medical raises €27.5 million in successful Initial Public Offerin
- Sequana Medical announces the Coverage of the Base Offering of Its Initial Public Offering on Euronext Brussels
- Sequana Medical Launches Its Initial Public Offering on Euronext Brussels
- Sequana Medical receives Breakthrough Device designation from the FDA for its alfapump®
- DBJ Signs Contract with Newton Biocapital I Pricaf Privee SA, a Japanese-European Venture Capital Fund for Early Stage Pharmaceuticals
- EPICS Therapeutics to Acquire Ogeda former assets, Adding Drug Discovery & Development Capabilities
- UK NICE recommends use of the alfapump® for the treatment of refractory ascites caused by cirrhosis under special arrangements
- SEQUANA MEDICAL establishes new corporate headquarters in Ghent, Belgium and raises €8.5 million from leading Belgian investors including Newton Biocapital, PMV and SFPI-FPIM as well as existing shareholders
- ACTICOR BIOTECH raises € 15.3 M in a Series B financing
- CHROMACURE S.A., a spin-off from the Université libre de Bruxelles (ULB),is launched with €17m committed equity investment to develop enhanced cancer therapies
- SYNERGIA raises €8.1 million in Series A
EPICS Therapeutics to Acquire Ogeda former assets, Adding Drug Discovery & Development Capabilities
EPICS Therapeutics SA, a recently launched biotech company (April 2018) focused on discovery and development of innovative small molecules anti-cancer drugs acting on RNA epigenetics, today announced it has entered into a Business Transfer Agreement with Ogeda SA. On Dec 31st 2018, part of the Ogeda assets, including research stage programs and the EuroscreenFast Business Services Unit will be acquired by EPICS.
The financial details of the transaction are not disclosed.
In parallel of this acquisition, EPICS will also raise €14.2 Million ($16.1 Million) to fund further developments. All current shareholders of EPICS, including Newton BioCapital and SRIW will participate to this new round, and will be joined by new comers including Fund+, SFPI-FPIM, and BNP Paris Fortis Private Equity. Jean Combalbert, PharmD, PhD, who was the former CEO of Ogeda before Astellas Pharma Inc. acquisition, and now CEO of EPICS mentioned, “Withthis acquisition, EPICS will take a big step forward that will allow us to accelerate our development over the next years, creating a world leading epidrugs’ company withcapabilities and resources with successful track-record, including highly qualified staff”.