Our portfolio companies are making headlines by changing the life of patients. Stay up-to-date on their latest news.
- Sequana Medical announces FDA approval to expand patient enrolment in North American pivotal alfapump® study (POSEIDON)
- ACTICOR BIOTECH announces its projected IPO on the Euronext Growth® market in Paris
- ニュートン・バイオキャピタル、株式会社PRISM BioLabに新規投資
- Newton Biocapital invests in PRISM BioLab to support development of a unique peptide mimetic technology platform to discover new drugs for intractable diseases
- Newton Biocapital invests in EditForce to support development of a unique DNA/RNA editing platform based on PPR protein technology
- Newton Biocapital invests in NeuVasQ: EUR 20 million Series A to develop unique blood-brain barrier therapy
- Acticor Biotech Announces appointment of Mr Alain Munoz as Chairman of the Board of Directors and Mrs Sophie Binay and Mr Yannick Pletan as General Managers.
- SEQUANA MEDICAL ANNOUNCES NEW SHARE CAPITAL AMOUNT AND NEW NUMBER OF SHARES
- Newton Biocapital invests in Flemish start-up DeuterOncology
- Newton Biocapital I invests in Perseus Proteomics Inc. in Japan to develop therapeutic antibodies for the treatment of blood cancers
- Sequana Medical announces positive interim data from North American pivotal alfapump® study (POSEIDON)
- Sequana Medical announces strong interim results from RED DESERT alfapump® DSR study and provides business update
- ACTICOR BIOTECH ANNOUNCES THE SUCCESS OF THE FIRST PHASE OF ITS ACTIMIS STUDY WITH GLENZOCIMAB IN PATIENTS WITH ACUTE ISCHEMIC STROKE
- ジェイファーマ株式会社 総額 17 億 4 千 6 百万円の資金調達完了
- J-Pharma Raises 1,746 million JPY in Funding
- SEQUANA MEDICAL SUCCESSFULLY RAISES EUR 19.0 MILLION IN AN EQUITY PLACEMENT
- Sequana Medical announces first patient enrolled in RED DESERT – REpeated Dose alfapump® DSR study for Treatment of diuretic-resistant heart failure patients
- Sequana Medical appoints leading experts as Heart Failure Scientific Advisors
- Sequana Medical announces unconditional IDE approval from U.S. FDA to start alfapump® pivotal study (POSEIDON)
- SEQUANA MEDICAL announces inclusion of alfapump® in German treatment guidelines (DGVS) for complications of liver cirrhosis
- Sequana Medical announces acceptance of late-breaking abstract of DSR therapy for volume overload in heart failure at Heart Failure 2019 Congress
- EditForce raises 870 million JPY
- エディットフォース株式会社 総額 8 億 7 千万円の資金調達完了
- Sequana Medical raises €27.5 million in successful Initial Public Offerin
- Sequana Medical announces the Coverage of the Base Offering of Its Initial Public Offering on Euronext Brussels
- Sequana Medical Launches Its Initial Public Offering on Euronext Brussels
- Sequana Medical receives Breakthrough Device designation from the FDA for its alfapump®
- 株式会社日本政策投資銀行（DBJ）日欧アーリーステージ医薬品のベンチャーキャピタル Newton Biocapital I pricaf privée SAへの出資契約を締結
- DBJ Signs Contract with Newton Biocapital I Pricaf Privee SA, a Japanese-European Venture Capital Fund for Early Stage Pharmaceuticals
- EPICS Therapeutics to Acquire Ogeda former assets, Adding Drug Discovery & Development Capabilities
- UK NICE recommends use of the alfapump® for the treatment of refractory ascites caused by cirrhosis under special arrangements
- SEQUANA MEDICAL establishes new corporate headquarters in Ghent, Belgium and raises €8.5 million from leading Belgian investors including Newton Biocapital, PMV and SFPI-FPIM as well as existing shareholders
- ACTICOR BIOTECH raises € 15.3 M in a Series B financing
- CHROMACURE S.A., a spin-off from the Université libre de Bruxelles (ULB),is launched with €17m committed equity investment to develop enhanced cancer therapies
- SYNERGIA raises €8.1 million in Series A
- ACTICOR BIOTECH ANNOUNCES THAT THE EUROPEAN MEDICINES AGENCY CLEARS THE ROUTE FOR A PHASE II OF ITS ACT017 PRODUCT IN STROKE
Sequana Medical raises €27.5 million in successful Initial Public Offerin
Sequana Medical NV, a commercial stage medical device company focused on the development of innovative treatment solutions for the management of liver disease, heart failure, malignant ascites and other fluid imbalance disorders, today announces the results of its initial public offering of new shares, with the admission of all of its shares to trading on the regulated market of Euronext Brussels under the symbol "SEQUA", launched on 31 January 2019 (the "Offering").
The final offer price for the Offering has been set at €8.50, giving the Company an initial market capitalisation of €107.2 million. Gross proceeds for the Company from the Offering amounted to €27.5 million.
The orderbook has been built with strong local support from high-quality long-term institutional and retail investors, as well as a mix of long-term, specialist and generalist investors across Europe.
Ian Crosbie, Chief Executive Officer of Sequana Medical commented: "Today marks a significant milestone for Sequana Medical as we have successfully completed this fundraising process, attracting investment from both high-quality institutional investors and retail investors in Belgium. Given the challenging climate in the global equity markets, we see this successful fundraising as a clear vote of confidence from our existing shareholders and new investors. The funds raised will enable us to further invest in our commercial and clinical development with the goal to make the alfapump® and alfapump® DSR available to a broader patient group and address important unmet medical needs, which in turn will create value for our shareholders. We would like to thank all of our existing and new investors for their continued support and look forward to the next phase in our corporate development."
Results of the Offering
· The final offer price for the Offering is set at €8.50 (the "Offer Price").
· The Offering ended on 7 February 2019 at 4:00 pm (CET).
· The total number of shares issued in the Offering amounts to 3,235,294 new shares of the Company (the "New Shares", and each existing share or New Share representing the Company's share capital a "Share").
· The gross proceeds for the Company amount to €27.5 million. The implied market capitalisation of Sequana Medical is approximately €107.2 million.
· An over-allotment option to subscribe for 25,577 additional new Shares at the Offer Price, has been granted to KBC Securities NV/SA, as stabilisation manager (the "Stabilisation Manager"), acting on behalf of KBC Securities NV/SA, Kempen & Co N.V. and Mirabaud Securities Limited, to cover over-allotments or short positions, if any, in connection with the Offering (the "Over-allotment Option", and (i) the New Shares, and (ii) the additional new Shares issued pursuant to the Over-allotment Option collectively being referred to as the "Offered Shares"). The Over-allotment Option will be exercisable for a period of 30 calendar days following the Listing Date (as defined below). The Company will announce if and when the Over-allotment Option is exercised.
· 327,092 Shares, representing approximately 10% of the Offered Shares in the Offering, have been placed with retail investors in Belgium. To retail investors, 100% of the shares for which they have subscribed will be allocated.
· Trading of Sequana Medical's Shares on the regulated market of Euronext Brussels under the symbol "SEQUA" is expected to commence, on an "if-and-when-issued-and/or-delivered" basis, on or about 11 February 2019 (the "Listing Date").
· The closing date is expected to be 12 February 2019 (the "Closing Date"). The Offer Price must be paid by investors by authorising their financial institutions to debit their bank accounts with such amount for value on the Closing Date.
· The existing investors that committed to subscribe for an aggregate amount of €20.5 million in the Offering at the Offer Price, subject to the closing of the Offering (the "Subscription Commitments") were allocated an aggregate of 2,413,909 New Shares in the Offering on the basis of their Subscription Commitments.
· KBC Securities NV/SA and Kempen & Co N.V. acted as Joint Global Coordinators and Joint Bookrunners in the Offering with Mirabaud Securities Limited as Lead Manager.
· The Company has agreed to a stand-still of 360 days, subject to customary exceptions and conditions.