Our portfolio companies are making headlines by changing the life of patients. Stay up-to-date on their latest news.
- Epics Therapeutics Initiates First-in-Human Studies with EP282, an oral Investigational Drug for the treatment of gastrointestinal inflammatory disorders and cancer
- PRISM、Roche社とGenentech社と共同研究・ライセンス契 約を締結
- Sequana Medical announces FDA approval to expand patient enrolment in North American pivotal alfapump® study (POSEIDON)
- ACTICOR BIOTECH announces its projected IPO on the Euronext Growth® market in Paris
- ニュートン・バイオキャピタル、株式会社PRISM BioLabに新規投資
- Newton Biocapital invests in PRISM BioLab to support development of a unique peptide mimetic technology platform to discover new drugs for intractable diseases
- Newton Biocapital invests in EditForce to support development of a unique DNA/RNA editing platform based on PPR protein technology
- Newton Biocapital invests in NeuVasQ: EUR 20 million Series A to develop unique blood-brain barrier therapy
- Acticor Biotech Announces appointment of Mr Alain Munoz as Chairman of the Board of Directors and Mrs Sophie Binay and Mr Yannick Pletan as General Managers.
- SEQUANA MEDICAL ANNOUNCES NEW SHARE CAPITAL AMOUNT AND NEW NUMBER OF SHARES
- Newton Biocapital invests in Flemish start-up DeuterOncology
- Newton Biocapital I invests in Perseus Proteomics Inc. in Japan to develop therapeutic antibodies for the treatment of blood cancers
- Sequana Medical announces positive interim data from North American pivotal alfapump® study (POSEIDON)
- Sequana Medical announces strong interim results from RED DESERT alfapump® DSR study and provides business update
- ACTICOR BIOTECH ANNOUNCES THE SUCCESS OF THE FIRST PHASE OF ITS ACTIMIS STUDY WITH GLENZOCIMAB IN PATIENTS WITH ACUTE ISCHEMIC STROKE
- ジェイファーマ株式会社 総額 17 億 4 千 6 百万円の資金調達完了
- J-Pharma Raises 1,746 million JPY in Funding
- SEQUANA MEDICAL SUCCESSFULLY RAISES EUR 19.0 MILLION IN AN EQUITY PLACEMENT
- Sequana Medical announces first patient enrolled in RED DESERT – REpeated Dose alfapump® DSR study for Treatment of diuretic-resistant heart failure patients
- Sequana Medical appoints leading experts as Heart Failure Scientific Advisors
- Sequana Medical announces unconditional IDE approval from U.S. FDA to start alfapump® pivotal study (POSEIDON)
- SEQUANA MEDICAL announces inclusion of alfapump® in German treatment guidelines (DGVS) for complications of liver cirrhosis
- SEQUANA MEDICAL announces acceptance of late-breaking abstract of DSR therapy for volume overload in heart failure at Heart Failure 2019 Congress
- EditForce raises 870 million JPY
- エディットフォース株式会社 総額 8 億 7 千万円の資金調達完了について
- SEQUANA MEDICAL raises €27.5 million in successful Initial Public Offering
- SEQUANA MEDICAL announces the Coverage of the Base Offering of Its Initial Public Offering on Euronext Brussels
- SEQUANA MEDICAL Launches Its Initial Public Offering on Euronext Brussels
- SEQUANA MEDICAL receives Breakthrough Device designation from the FDA for its alfapump®
- 株式会社日本政策投資銀行（DBJ）日欧アーリーステージ医薬品のベンチャーキャピタル Newton Biocapital I pricaf privée SAへの出資契約を締結
- DBJ Signs Contract with Newton Biocapital I Pricaf Privee SA, a Japanese-European Venture Capital Fund for Early Stage Pharmaceuticals
- EPICS Therapeutics to Acquire Ogeda former assets, Adding Drug Discovery & Development Capabilities
- UK NICE recommends use of the alfapump® for the treatment of refractory ascites caused by cirrhosis under special arrangements
- SEQUANA MEDICAL establishes new corporate headquarters in Ghent, Belgium and raises €8.5 million from leading Belgian investors including Newton Biocapital, PMV and SFPI-FPIM as well as existing shareholders
- ACTICOR BIOTECH raises € 15.3 M in a Series B financing
- CHROMACURE S.A., a spin-off from the Université libre de Bruxelles (ULB),is launched with €17m committed equity investment to develop enhanced cancer therapies
- SYNERGIA raises €8.1 million in Series A
- ACTICOR BIOTECH ANNOUNCES THAT THE EUROPEAN MEDICINES AGENCY CLEARS THE ROUTE FOR A PHASE II OF ITS ACT017 PRODUCT IN STROKE
Newton Biocapital invests in PRISM BioLab to support development of a unique peptide mimetic technology platform to discover new drugs for intractable diseases
Brussels, Belgium / Tokyo, Japan – 9 September 2021 – Newton Biocapital (“Newton”), a life sciences investment fund active in Europe and Japan and focused on the treatment and prevention of chronic diseases, has announced its new investment in PRISM BioLab, Inc. (“PRISM”) in Japan. As a co-lead investor, Newton invested EUR 2 million (JPY 250 million) in PRISM as part of a total round of EUR 10 million.
With this investment, PRISM will continue the development of its original peptide mimetic technology platform called ‘PepMetics™’, establishing new clinical pipelines in the fields of cancer and fibrosis, aiming to discover new drugs for various of intractable diseases.
Dai Takehara, CEO of PRISM: “We’re very pleased to be supported by Newton, which has a wealth of investment experience and achievements in biotechnology and life sciences businesses. We believe that PepMetics™ of PRISM is a very promising technology that can be used to address difficult targets with small molecule compounds. We will continue to take this opportunity to further enhance our R&D activities to lead the creation of innovative drugs."
Guy Heynen, Clinical & Regulatory Director at Newton: “PRISM’s unique library comprises α-helix or β-turn mimicking compounds that can be tailored to disrupt interactions between intrinsically disordered proteins, an emerging class of targets in various diseases including bladder cancer. PRISM’s recent deals with global pharmaceutical companies demonstrates the great potential of the company’s unique approaches. With this new financing, we hope to support PRISM in becoming one of the leading companies in the drug discovery field.”
Alain Parthoens, Managing Partner of Newton: “As the co-lead investor and a Belgium-based fund, we’re very pleased to be supporting the innovative technologies emerging from Japan. Prism’s technology is a proof that Japan is developing promising world-class technology. Bridging the technology and European funds paves the way for research of innovative treatments and drugs. I would like to see such technology contribute to improving the quality of life for patients all around the world.”
About PRISM BioLab
Launched in 2006 in Japan, PRISM BioLab focuses on developing technology for proprietary small molecule drug discovery for undruggable targets. PRISM BioLab established a Library designed to mimic α-helix or β-turn peptide using a unique stable scaffold with corresponding dihedral angles. These motifs are essential for protein-protein interactions within the cell, especially related to transcription and translation.
Currently, two clinical-stage programs for cancer and fibrosis have been developed and licensed to Japanese pharmaceutical companies. Many early lead molecules have also been created for novel or previously undruggable targets.
For more information, please visit: http://www.prismbiolab.com/en/about/
About PRISM platform technology
The PRISM Library was designed based on Helix structures and has yielded small molecules exhibiting strong activity in modulating critical Intracellular Protein/Protein Interaction. PRISM’s platform technology has developed a clinical-stage program based around targeting the CBP-B catenin complex, as well as other preclinical drug development programs. In addition, PRISM is establishing collaborations with pharmaceutical partners to screen the PRISM library to find small molecule candidates against targets of interest.